If you are a veteran who has been recently discharged from service, Joe Robach wants to make sure that you know that there are several important measures you need to follow to ensure that you receive all the benefits that you are entitled to.   First you need to secure your discharge certificate – DD Form 214.  If you need help obtaining your DD Form 214, contact the New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs at (888) VetsNYS or by email  Veterans also need to enroll in VA health care within your first 12 months from separation and visit your nearest New York State Veterans Counselor or County Veteran Service Agency.

Joe Robach and the Senate are proud of our brave veterans and have tried to make New York State as veteran friendly as possible.  To this end, the New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs is proud to provide veterans and their eligible spouses with One-Stop Career Centers.  These centers will assist veterans in: career counseling; skills assessment; job search assistance; resume preparation; information on civil service positions; and referrals to other agencies that provide services to veterans.   There are also several education assistance opportunities for veterans through the New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs.  Benefits include: veteran friendly campuses; post 9/11 GI bill; Montgomery GI bill; Veterans’ Tuition Awards; and Vocational Rehabilitation to assist those with service related disabilities.
Veterans’ health benefits are administered by the United States Department of Veterans’ Affairs.  However, there are several additional benefits New York State offers only to veterans and disabled veterans, including reduced costs for hunting and fishing licenses, Disabled Veterans’ EZPass program, Operation Recognition and others. 

Joe Robach likes to encourage veterans to take advantage of the many benefits provided by New York State.  To learn more about what New York State has to offer veterans and their families, you can contact Joe Robach’s office.